Position: Senior Piping Stress Engineer
Qualification: B.E/B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Overview: We are seeking a qualified Senior Piping Stress Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Piping Stress Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting piping stress analysis, ensuring compliance with industry codes and standards. Your role will involve utilizing your expertise in Caesar II software and hands-on experience in the Oil & Gas industries to evaluate and optimize piping designs.
- Utilize your knowledge and hands-on experience in Caesar II software for modeling and conducting stress analysis of piping systems.
- Conduct pipe stress engineering activities in accordance with ASME, ANSI B31.1, B31.3 codes using Caesar II software.
- Evaluate stress, displacement, forces, and moments on restraints to design appropriate supports and select suitable springs.
- Prepare data sheets for expansion joints, spring hangers, and update pipe support standards.
- Perform calculations such as pipe thickness, RF pad, forces and moments, and flange leakage to ensure design integrity.
- Understand the behavior of piping systems and provide recommendations for optimized designs.
- Collaborate with various engineering disciplines and departments to ensure effective project execution.
- Develop detailed requisitions for pipe stress equipment and materials.
- Review vendor drawings and provide observations for improvements.
- Possess strong communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E/B.Tech.).
- 5 to 8 years of industry experience in the Fertilizer, Petrochemical, or Oil and Gas plants sector.
- Proficiency in Caesar II software for modeling and conducting piping stress analysis.
- Knowledge of 3D model review tools such as SPR and Navisworks, as well as AutoCAD (added advantage).
- Hands-on experience in piping stress activities within the Oil & Gas industries.
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards such as ASME, ANSI B31.1, B31.3.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills for conveying technical information and providing recommendations.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted through email or phone. Direct walk-in is not allowed.